Forums  ›  Tools and Dats  ›  ROM-Management

Looking for Assistance with ROM Management

Hello Everyone cool,

I only recently learned about this fantastic group and am new to the vintage gaming scene. I'm contacting you because I need some advice from the ones of you with more experience as I'm having some trouble getting my vintage gaming setup to function properly.

Here is my setup in brief:

• On my Raspberry Pi 4, RetroPie is installed.
  • I have a variety of ROMs for the Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, and arcade games.
  • I keep my ROMs on a microSD card with 128GB capacity.

I'm running into the following issues:

Certain Replayable Games (ROMs) aren't downloading at all. Some NES and SNES games, for instance, when I tried to launch them, simply display back a black screen or take me back to the menu. 

Problems with the controller: I use an external USB controller, although some games—particularly the arcade ones—don't recognise it correctly. It's also hit or miss even after I tried adjusting the remote in the RetroPie configuration panel. Has this problem ever happened to anyone else? If so, how was it fixed?

ROMs for arcade games: Arcade ROMs are said to be very difficult. Though I'm unsure if I've got the correct ROM versions, I'm using MAME. Is there a way to match the ROM sets to the appropriate MAME version? Furthermore, any advice on how to make things function properly would be highly valued.

I checked this: https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/n74uai/mlops-option_roms_for_dummies_3rd_party_option_rom/

I've tried numerous remedies and spent an awful lot of time reading, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. 

Thank you laughing in advance.

i have a raspberry pi 4 8gb model, had no problems with starting roms, they need to be in the correct folder, there is documentation on retropie's website.

For Arcade i tried FinalBurn Neo and it works great

I use this with a Xbox One controller.

But me i didnt have the roms on an sd card but on a usb card. you need to insert the sd+usb first, then it will create the folder-system on the usb.