Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Broken ROM Reports

Unconfirmed Broken Game: Golden Joker (goldnjkra)

Running this rom kills my MAME/Arcade 0.265.0
Full lockup, only way to kill is task manager "End Task"

Deleted all NV/CFG still does same.

So posting as unconfirmed Broken

Not sure if I posted this in right area, as it's an emulator running game problem rather than a broken file.
Feel free to move if in wrong area
If others can confirm same results, i'll send report to MAMEDev or Arcade (if they bugged it)
Tested on both

ZX81v2

Works fine here on all my builds.

Arcade should be the same code base used to compile the official I tried.

That driver hasn't been touched since 1-9-22(Could be something it relies on but I doubt it since it works here.)

Must be something on your end. Did you check it out at mametesters.org ?

Good luck...

Main set works. Alt is freezing/locking up MAME. I can confirm this. 0.265

I sent the report. https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=8863

Go to the link that I posted. Just copy on what you said here and then post there. Let them know what OS that you are using. 

Running this rom kills my MAME/Arcade 0.265.0
Full lockup, only way to kill is task manager "End Task"

Deleted all NV/CFG still does same.

So posting as unconfirmed Broken

Not sure if I posted this in right area, as it's an emulator running game problem rather than a broken file.
Feel free to move if in wrong area
If others can confirm same results, i'll send report to MAMEDev or Arcade (if they bugged it)
Tested on both

ZX81v2

Both sets work just fine here. Played a game on each so I'm not sure what the problems are you have with your sets.

Might try the ini and save state files too...

A tester has confirmed the MameTesters report, so seems there is a random problem there somewhere.

I'll try it for myself when I can get to my computer some time tomorrow.

Yes I was able to confirm the problem for myself. Make sure you delete the nvram and then you'll see the issue.

Hi,

Did you try running the ROM on another system or setup to see if the problem is replicable? If no then try this may be it will help determine if the issue is with the ROM or your specific setup.

Thanks